|Home||» Products||» Hydrated Lime Powder||» Hydrated Lime Powder|
Hydrated Lime Powder
Used in the chemical industries and road construction for soil stabilization. Other uses include: Water treatment, Sugar refining, Dehairing of hides and Lime washing.
Calcium hydroxide or hydrated lime is produced by adding water to unslaked lime according to the reaction:
CaO + H2O = Ca(OH)2
During this process heat is released and the unslaked lime doubles its volume. Hydrated lime is also known as slaked lime and is very fine dry powder
Uses of Hydrated Lime :
- Metallurgical Applications
- Sugar Refinery
- Water Treatment
- Bleach Manufacture
- Leather Tanning
- Salt Production
- Sewage Treatment
- Fertilizer Manufacture
- Lime Mortar
- White Washing
- Road Construction
Safety Precautions :
- Hydrated lime is irritating to the eyes and skin: Wear full personnel protective equipmentâ€™s. (Head hood, Goggles, cotton work suit, rubber & polythene globes and leather boots)
- In case contact with eyes, rinse immediate with plenty of water seeks medical attention. Wash off any hydrated lime adhering to the skin with water.
- Do not inhale hydrated lime with dust. In case of inhalation, wash the nose & throat with water. Seek medical attention if necessary not feeling well.
- In the event of ingestion, do not induce vomiting. Drink copious quantities of water. Seek medical attention if feelings of discomfort persist.
- In case of spillage or release, first contain the spillage. Keep the material dry. Remove material mechanically where possible. Avoid contamination of watercourses & drains.
- During storage, minimum contact with atmospheric moisture & other material.